Early twentieth-century Adare, a village in the possession of the earl of Dunraven, was strung out along a road that formed the western boundary of the Adare Manor demesne. It […]

Read More →

In March 1958 an oil company was registered in Dublin with a view to securing exploration rights for the 27,000 square miles of the Irish Republic. The principal shareholders were […]

Read More →

One of the first companies to take advantage of these new policies was International Mogul Mines of Canada, which expressed interest in the copper reserves of Avoca, Co. Wicklow. The […]

Read More →

The Forsa Cosanta Aitiuil came into being on 6 February 1946 with the demise of its predecessor, the Local Defence Force (LDF). The LDF had been formed in 1941 as […]

Read More →

The first armoured cars issued to the FCA (in 1948) were Irish-built Ford Mark VIs, of  same type deployed to the Congo in 1960. After 1959 the three FCA motor […]

Read More →


Copyright © 2021 History Publications Ltd, Unit 9, 78 Furze Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland | Tel. +353-1-293 3568